Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Patience better than pride

"Finishing is better than starting. Patience is better than pride." I always have to keep this saying in the back of my mind, b/c I could so easily get discouraged on how slow the weight loss process is. I wish I could close my eyes and wake up looking like the girls I see in my US magazine, but hey I know this is not realistic and most likely either is their pics.. lol.. Today my girlfriend wanted to buy a size that fit her but would fit her better if she lost a little more weight and I said to her, "are you going to lose the weight" and she looked at me and said, "there is no option, I have to lose the weight, why else am I doing this", so I told her to buy the smaller pair b/c to me she had the right attitude and she was going to lose the weight. It really is if your head is in the game you will lose the weight... I feel sometimes I have to play mind games with myself in order to keep wanting to lose the weight... b/c I feel me losing the weight is not a health issue but a want issue, so to me it's harder to stick with something you want then something you HAVE to do.. and maybe this is not the hardest part, b/c maybe once I get to a comfortable weight then how hard is it going to be to maintain that weight.. It's all a struggle, but one in the end I think will be well worth it.. Make weight loss a priority in your life and not something you hang on the wall of what you once looked like or wish you could look like.. Don't be that person, be the person who wants something and goes after it.. BE THE WEIGHT LOSS... so we can all be weight happy together..

No comments:

Post a Comment