Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Basic Concepts

Well I did lose a little more, but once again it is starting to slow down and I'm noticing myself cheating a little more on some days.. I even got busy yesterday that I forgot to do my blog.. I did weigh in yesterday, but I just feel like I'm starting to maybe lose some motivation on the weight loss front.. but on a positive note I did just sign up for a 10k (6.2 mile) race in October.. Which I needed to do b/c I'm also starting to slip on the running (only 1 time last week).. So I need something to work towards.. I'm hoping this will help plus I need to do it anyway b/c before I know it the Shamrock race will be here again.. man I wonder why I do this to myself when I cant stand to run.. ugggg... Mia Hamm (a prof. soccer player) once said, "Success is usually the result of the old-fashioned, basic concepts like hard work, determination, good planning, and perseverance." This can be applied to just about anything I do, but especially this weight loss journey I'm on.. Without the basic concepts I would not have lost almost 35 pds in 20 weeks.. It's been hard, but well worth it and keeping it off for a lifetime will even be harder, but I have this saying to be my everyday reminder.. Let's all be weight happy together..

No comments:

Post a Comment